Sunday 22 September 2013

Grow Write Guild #10: This Plant is Driving Me Nuts!

Source
Spinach. 

Spinach drives me nuts.

 I have tried year, after year, after year, after year to grow spinach. I have tried conventional seed. I have tried organic seed. I have tried store-bought seed. I have tried seed passed down to me from a gardener who was swimming in spinach. I gave up this year. I won't lie. I couldn't be bothered to even try. 

I really, truly, have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I think maybe I need to start it earlier. Like, way earlier, when it is still relatively damp and cool?

It won't germinate at all.

But I don't know.

I love spinach.

It was the first green leafy thing that I liked to put in my mouth.

And I can't grow it for the life of me.

Sigh.

This is part of the Grow Write Guild as started by Gayla Trail at You Grow Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment